R3’s Nik Miller (right) is preparing to compete in the International Canoe Federation (ICF) Paracanoe World Sprint Championships.
The ICF is the Governing body and the highest level of sprint competition in the world. Nik is the US National Champion, US record holder, and the US Team representative; winning and holding this position each year since 2013. This year is a Summer Olympic Qualifying year; where placing in the top 6 will gain a country quota for the 2016 Paralympics. Nik’s goal and dream is to represent the USA in the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio De Janero, Brazil.
Nik’s previous race results range from a 36-mile relay to 200-meter sprints, placing first in a majority of the races with a few second place finishes:
• 2013 Endeavor Games 1st Place K1-200M Paracanoe
• 2013 Lake Placid International 1st place in K1-200m Paracanoe
• 2013 US Team trials, US Team Men’s Para K1 LTA
• 2013 US National Championships 1st Place K1-200M and 5000M Paracanoe
• 2013 ICF World Championships 8th place “B” Finals Duisburg, Germany
• 2014 Lake Placid International 1st place in K1-200m Paracanoe
• 2014 US Team trials, US Team Men’s Para K1 LTA
• 2014 ICF World Championships Moscow, Russia
• 2015 Ted Houk Regatta 1st Place K1-200M Paracanoe
• 2015 Lake Lanier Summer Regatta 1st Place K1-200M Masters Able Body
• 2015 Lake Lanier Summer Regatta 1st Place K1-200M Paracanoe
• 2015 US Team trials, US Team Men’s Para K1 LTA/KL3
To compete at the Paracanoe World Championships, Nik must raise money to fund his travel. Due to the special adaptive equipment and paddle transportation, his travel has many additional fees. The cost of airfare and lodging are the largest costs ranging from $3,600-$4,000 as well as boat rental and race fees averaging $200-$400.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO AND DONATION OPPORTUNITIES.
Disclaimer: This external link is provided for informational purposes, and does not constitute endorsement. R3 bears no responsibility for the content of the external site. Contact the external site for any questions regarding its content.